Developed to store radio astronomy observation data, the device enables high-speed data recording/playback. The device comprises a control unit and a recording unit. A 10Gbit Ethernet interface is used between the control unit and external input/output devices, with an SAS connection between the control unit and the recording unit. The recording unit is a high-speed, large-capacity recording device with removable recording media (storage cartridge). Recording capacity is provided by two standard (maximum of four) cartridges of up to 48 terabytes. A RAID (0/5/6) configuration is employed to protect important data from damage. The cartridges themselves have a robust structure to protect them from impact during transport. Also, recording/playback speed is extremely high, at up to 32 gigabits/second, and the input/output interface uses 10/40Gbit Ethernet.
- Record high-speed and broadband data stream input via 10/40/100G Ethernet at maximum speed of 32 Gbps.
- Removable storage is safely transported with its own purpose-built carry case.
- The durability of the storage module connector is over 10,000 times of insert /remove.
- Realizing direct analysis of data stream without file format conversion by adopting Linux file system for the storage.
- Bundled Web-base GUI software made possible the integrative control of signal analysis solution, such as data-recorder and sampler, via Web browser.
Data obtained from a radio astronomy observation station needs to be combined with data from another observation station for synthesis processing (correlation processing). For that reason, observation data that has undergone A/D conversion and digital filtering needs to be transmitted to a center with all correlation processing devices. With VLBI, the speed of data transmission is extremely high, at several Gbps, and because observation stations and center stations are in remote locations in Japan’s several prefectures or in other countries, transmission over general data circuits is not possible. For this reason, current practice is to first record observation data from each observation station on a recording device containing a HDD and then to either transmit it to centers over low-speed circuits or to physically transport the HDD on which the data is stored to the center. For this reason, recording devices are large-capacity data recording units.
|Integrated GUI Software||